Monday, January 21, 2013

PHILIPPINES WEEK 12: Onward! WEEK 21

Another fabulous week for Elder Betancourt! Tomorrow he finds out if he will be transferred! He sure hopes he will stay in Naguilian for another transfer!

"Hey there Devy! :)
This week was awesome! Even though it flew by like a plane! haha! It was so fast! But we had a lot of great times! Taught a lot of lessons! I just love being a missionary, Dev! Even though it is often so hard! A lot of things that can get you down, but you just have to stay positive! It is easy to get down and depressed, but whether you are happy or not is up to you! Nobody can affect your mood if you don't let them!  A young boy by the name of Noriel had some trouble at home this week when he was kicked out of his home for attending church. He demonstrated so much faith as he moved in with some members temporarily! He is only 14. His parents tried to force him to work on Sunday, instead of going to church. He insisted that he go to church, and he had to choose his family or the gospel. I admired his faith and was grateful how my parents never tried to kick me out! (My parents are awesome :) ) But anyway while he was staying at this members house, he requested that we had a nightly scripture study with them and some other youth! He is just an amazing example to me, even though he is only 14 years old! Well, luckily his father decided to let him back in! And he is back at home! I am sure if he had not stood up for his testimony, he may no longer be able to attend church.
Our investigators have started to progress! But of course now, I am terrified of getting transferred! Right when I feel like I have discovered my purpose here in Naguilian! Which is to help the young men and priesthood in the world and help them become more active and find more who are ready to receive the priesthood! Hopefully, I will get one more cycle in Naguilz to try and help people!
I am so excited to hear about your future experiences in the MTC and Russia! It will blow you away! I know it!
Well I am sorry this shorter...when you are the MTC I will give you longer ones :) promise!
Well I love you so much Devynn!
You are amazing!
Keep up the hard work!
I love you!
Elder Ryan Anthony Betancourt"

These are old pictures Elder Betancourt sent with my package! 

                                                                 MACDO
                                            Elder Reyes and Elder Betancourt
                                   Elder Betancourt being his typical self! haha
                                                                    Cherry pie! 
video
                                               Elder Reyes first cherry pie! 

No comments:

Post a Comment