Monday, November 19, 2012

PHILIPPINES WEEK 3: Happy Thanksgiving? WEEK 12


As we quickly prepared for the upcoming holiday, I was reminded that Elder Betancourt wouldn't be celebrating Thanksgiving in the Philippines. It didn't seem to phase Elder B. though. He was more than excited to be spending this day doing the Lord's work! He is proud to be a representative of his Savior, Jesus Christ!

He wrote, "Well this week has been full of lots of hard, hard work! I would say I have never walked more than this in my entire life! haha! But for this cause I would walk as far as need be! Elder Reyes and I have been very hard at work here in Naguilian! I hope school isn't keeping you too busy, but busy enough to make the time pass! haha! It sure is passing here! I cannot believe that I have already been here for 2 going on 3 weeks! Its wild but so much fun! ...We are teaching TONS of less-actives! This week we taught 14 lessons to LA (less-actives) and about 15 lessons to investigators! Somedays are sooooo hard, but other days I feel like I am receiving strength from someone else because I dont know how Im still moving...hm maybe its because I am? haha!
  ...I am getting used to the food here it's quite good! My Tagolog is getting so much better! The members are really impressed! Sometimes I just wish I could be perfectly fluent but it is amazing to see how far I have come in such a short time! Tagolog is a beautiful language! I cant wait to speak it to you ...Elder Reyes and I have been listening to a lot of Elder Holland talks lately it has reminded me a ton of you! But has gotten me so pumped to work at the same time!
It is going to be a weird birthday! I will definitely miss being with you! ...But it is definitely weird we wont be celebrating together! Oh wells in 2014 we will celebrate together again! PROMISE!
Well keep working hard kiddo I think about you many times a day! You have a lot of hard work ahead of you but a lot of amazing experiences! Just remember through the Savior you can do it! I promise and so does he!
Well have a great week!

Mahal Kita Devynn!
Your Missionary
Elder Ryan Betancourt"

                                            Elder Betancourt in the Philippines!
 
 Elder B wrote, "This is a trici or tricycle this is how we get around to places that are really far away!"

                                                 Elder Reyes and Elder Betancourt

 
The Philippines are beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment