Sunday, October 28, 2012

MTC WEEK 9

This is Elder Betancourt's last week in the MTC. He wrote in his letters from 10/26-10/29/2012, " I cannot tell you how excited I am to get into the field! I cannot wait to be an instrument in the Lord's hands!..Something I have learned is that we need to keep our expectations high! If we give everything we have, will the Lord help us? Yes! When he sees us giving everything we have, even when we fall short, he will bless us. This is how we can be most effective in all we do!...From what I have been told, our missions will be twinklings of an eye! Elder Allen told us tonight that we need to serve to our best ability so when we board that plane to go home we can thank God for the opportunity to serve and feel the Holy Ghost whisper, 'Thou hast done good my faithful servant.' Amazing right? How we serve our missions will determine the rest of our lives! Like Elder Holland said in General Conference, 'We have pressed our hands to the plow, let us not look back until this work is over!'
It's kind of sad leaving here! A lot of goodbyes to say to good friends. It's going to be hard. I will be so far away from you and an entire day ahead--but think about it, I will be in the field inviting others to come unto Christ and receive the restored Gospel through faith, repentance, baptism, receiving the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. Heavenly Father is hastening His work. I need to give literally everything for the building of the kingdom! I am going to need all the prayers I can get! Today, we learned that the things we do, such as: preparing, being obedient, planning, and goal setting; we are growing closer to our Heavenly Father and preparing for our future investigators. Isn't that crazy? The field is white and ready to harvest both in Cauayan, PH and Samara, Russia. What a magnificent journey we will both have! I know that through Jesus Christ, you can do anything! I promise you that! My favorite mission scripture: D&C 123:17 (11-17), "Therefore my dearly beloved brethren, let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still with the utmost assurance to see the salvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed." 
Kayamoyan! (You can do it) 
Mahal Kita (I love you),

Elder Ryan A. Betancourt"

                            The first snow fall in Provo, Utah! He was beyond excited!
        Ryan wrote explaining his one shaven leg, "There are a lot of weird traditions at the MTC, so today....I   shaved a leg! Haha! Tomorrow I will shave the other! It's hard to explain, but essentially I promised an Elder who left before me that I would do it!" SO of course, he did it! 
                                       Holding the flag of the Philippines! Excited for his new adventure!
                                   Brother Trebas and Ryan! (One of his teachers)

No comments:

Post a Comment